Recorded: June 27, 2017
While the norm for collective agreements has been around fiscal restraint especially in the public sector, the increasing impact on technology have made for intense negotiations for many manufacturing sectors.
We will cover recent trends in negotiations, requirements and pain points in the processes as well as showcase new technology that is available for managing grievances.
Companies need visibility into past and present grievances so that they can apply consistent corrective measures. Technology will reduce time and improve compliance and accountability that helps organizations manage cost effectively the grievance process and outcomes.
Labor management is a critical aspect for any organization. Many companies have unions to ensure that Labor policies are fair and consistent for all employees. In unionized work environments, an employee can raise grievances in case any policies have been violated. An organization can have hundreds of grievances in a year.
All grievances require investigations and arbitrations meetings which are recorded on paper and cause a traceability headache. Technology is available now enabling employees to create grievance and complaints. Managers & unions can follow through grievance steps and record the outcomes of complaints. Supervisors can create disciplinary actions, maintain employee records.
About the presenter
President & CEO
HR Strategies Consulting
Ruby founded HR Strategies Consulting to focus on the revolutionary impact that high potential intellectual capital has in providing organizations the competitive edge in the global marketplace. She has consistently excelled at being a strategic business partner, visionary leader and operational team player in implementing entire Human Resources infrastructures from the ground up.
- Employees can create grievances of various types such as loss of wages, harassment, training issues etc. and indicate the article violated using forms.
- Management can perform Investigations of each grievance and document notes.
- Manage each grievance through the grievance steps by allowing both management and union to record meeting notes.
- Employees, union and management can attach documents, pictures, audio/video as proof
- Search and track all similar past grievances and their outcomes
- Management can track costs resulting from Labor relations due to policy violations.
- Maintain Collective Agreement online in a secure and searchable way
- Management can create employee disciplinary actions and manage employee conduct
- Management can maintain employee records in a single place